Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pilomatrical Carcinoma - Two weeks Post-op (well, almost)

I've gone ahead and explained to people at work the reason behind my scarves, although I've been vague with most - citing either "a growth" or "skin cancer".  Depending on how well I know them, or the context, I'll tell more.  Most people think the scarves are cute and didn't realize there was a gaping cesspool being concealed beneath them.

Score one for scarves.

I will say that I cannot seem to sleep enough  - I spent most of the weekend laid out, asleep.

I have resumed all my normal activities except for exercise.  Which blows, because honestly, I do love my Water Aerobics and Zumba classes.  Time will tell.

Meanwhile, this weekend, I'm going out of town for a little boondoggle with my husband's family - they know nothing about my hair cancer, and though I'll have to probably say a little something, I don't care to get into details too much.

My mother will be coming up as well - naturally, she really wants to see it - she's been a nurse for nearly 40 years and so, of course - that's her bag.

I honestly think that's the only reason she's coming.  Isn't that messed up?  Oh well.

The pain comes and goes.  I must have slept on my wound last night, because it's been a little sore today.

I also feel like the manky smell has either mitigated, or I've gotten used to it, or both.

And finally, next week I travel for work - first time since the procedure.  I'm worried, but not overly so.  It's fine.  It will be fine.

So, in summary - the scarves are working, I'm disclosing as I see fit, the pain is under control, and the manky smell is less manky, less smelly.

And a week from tomorrow, I go back to Dr. S.
 
OH!  And, I'm dropping the weight I picked up during my recuperative period.  Tomorrow should be a great weigh-in.

Wish me lots of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment