Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More and more

So, the good news - no infection.  The manky smell was a sign that it was time to remove the bolster, which is what they did.  And it was gross.

They cleaned out the wound, took a picture, showed it to me, and bandaged me back up.  Yep, I am going to have to wear telfa on the area for another... month?  Two weeks?  Infinity plus 2/3?

Whatever.  I bought the recommended baby shampoo for gentle hair washing, and some suggested headbands to hold the dressing down.

And, I get to head back in another two weeks.  It just gets better and better.

I seem to have the old gauze smell lingering in my nose.  But at least the great news is - no infection.

The less great news is... it's not over.

Finally, Dr. S told me that pathology hemmed and hawed, but they finally agreed we're dealing with pilomatrical carcinoma.  Well, if not that, what?

Exactly.

So, for now, we wash, we bandage and we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment