Thursday, July 14, 2011

Email to the boss in re: procedure date

I've filled in the names with aliases to protect the innocent, but here it is.


Bossman,

The nurse called this morning and set me up for my procedure on Wednesday 7/27.  Since I have the PTO and we don’t have anything on the books, I’m going to take the next day,  just for grins.  And because, I’ll be honest – I love daytime television.  That Judge Judy is a breath of fresh air.

There is training on 7/27 that I’m going to have to either resched or offload to Colleague – I copied you on that e mail to him. 

Obviously, I’ll have to do some kind of follow-up after it’s all said and done, but hopefully, they’ll be a little less rigid.  When they called this morning, it was basically, “Here’s when you need to be here.  Period.”

So, there’s that.  Also, for what it’s worth, I finally told my parents – my father’s reaction was basically, “Ok, well it sounds like you have it under control.”   Mom’s concern was how it would affect my hair.  I also had to convince her I had a good doctor and that we were doing the procedure in a reputable facility.  No, Mom, I went to the Carcinoma Pagoda at the mall, and they gave me a coupon for a free eyebrow wax with purchase.

So, hopefully, that’s that.

Thanks!

Patient

Without my sense of humor, where would I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment